Ok, so you are ready to get your iPod working again!
Here's how you do it:
- Download, print and sign this iPatch repair request form (if you need it in pdf form, that can be found here), include this form with your iPod when you send it. If you do not have access to a printer, simply write out the details by hand
- Wrap your iPod up well (some people use a roll of bubble wrap and a jiffy bag, others send their iPod in the original box)
- Send your iPod to iPatch, Leeds Shopping Plaza, City Square Mall, Leeds LS1 5ER. What delivery service you use is entirely up to you, remember iPatch holds no liability for iPods lost in transit to iPatch so if you are wary, use a recorded delivery service (Royal Mail is usually sufficient and provides you with adequate insurance)
- If you are paying by cheque and you have had a fixed quote (i.e. for a screen replacement etc) then include it with your iPod and make it payable to Andy Smith
- Send a confirmation email to iPatch stating that you have posted your iPod
What happens next?
iPatch will inform you the day your iPod arrives at our service centre. Once your iPod has been thoroughly tested we will contact you with a definitive price and the option to continue or not. Remember, if you choose not to have your iPod repaired then all you pay is £6.50 to cover return postage and labour
Once your iPod is ready:
When your iPod has been repaired and tested, we will get in touch and let you know. You can then choose how you would like to pay. If you wish to collect your iPod in person and pay cash, that is fine or iPatch can simply send you a PayPal invoice, just as you would receive when purchasing off ebay. Once payment has been cleared, your iPod will be sent by your chosen return delivery method (remember it is £6.50 extra for recorded and insured return next day delivery)